90 % done, but only half way there
There are plenty of examples, where business people struggle to describe “what needs to be implemented” and the developers struggle to communicate “what is being implemented”.
It is first when the time is almost up, the budget almost spent, that the business people can experience the product and make the necessary corrections. It is extremely expensive to do it so late, and that’s why there is a saying: “90% done, but only halfway there”
This does not only happen in the IT-industry, but most other places, where understanding needs to be validated and communicated.
Most of what we understand is intuitive and subjective, which makes it hard to describe and communicate.
This can be countered, by making our understanding testable and measurable, so it can be:
validated → communicated → implemented → and verified
Many things today are managed by:
– subjective gut feeling and the verification of “what has been delivered”
– objective data driven decision making and validation & verification of “what should be delivered”
I’m writing a few books at the moment on the following topics:
- How to describe a product objectively, so it can be validated and communicated to the developers, then implemented and verified.
- How to measure feelings (love, trust, courage, thankfulness, self confidence, self worth), to improve risk management and negotiations both in business and in our personal lives.
- How to grow a new brain and changing habits, performance, and other important things in our lives.
I also plan to hold keynotes and workshops on the topics.
Bartek is not a regular nerd.
He loves testing his comfort, ideas, and software, which makes him one of the leading test and automation experts in Denmark
Bartek was a writing contributor to the book: “Testing in the Digital Age – AI makes a difference”
A world champion
since he scored the world’s highest score in a certification for a test automation framework
Why should you listen to Bartek?
Because he has been developing software since he was 9 years old and is researching how to deliver fast and spot-on.
He works as an independent consultant and has been working with: SogetiLabs, Kombit, Danish Agency for Digitization, Nets, Capgemini, DSB, DOT, Laerdal, Condidact, Effective-Learning, Ministry of Education and many others.